Ecommerce Workshops: Harnessing the Ecommerce Gold Rush
TIQ is pleased to present a series of workshops designed to build your capability with e-commerce and help you take advantage of digital platforms and access global markets. Since mid-2020, there has been a seismic shift in the adoption curve of e-commerce, and it is increasingly clear that to truly compete in the future you will need at least a hybrid online business model.
Workshops will be offered from May to July across Queensland with a mix of in-person and virtual events, and slightly different content in Ipswich.
Workshop 1: Understanding the current Ecommerce environment
In the modern, globalized world it is more possible than ever to launch a brand or product into new markets through Ecommerce. You don’t have to be a large enterprise to tap into global markets, through the power of drop shipping, global logistics, and internet sales.
We will walk you through:
- The global Ecommerce landscape
- The impact of COVID-19 on Ecommerce exports from Queensland
- The US Ecommerce market overview with a case study of a Queensland brand
- What Ecommerce looks like for businesses
- The different models of Ecommerce.
Workshop 2: Your strategic blueprint to winning at cross border Ecommerce
Time to draw from your knowledge and research so far and apply these learnings to launching in a new market. Start by first validating your product and the opportunity to develop an Ecommerce framework as part of your Go-to Market plan.
- Market entry Ecommerce strategy development
- Product Validation, which products to sell, where to sell
- Global transaction processes, payment processes (platforms) and order fulfillment
- Regulatory requirements and risk associated with doing business in different countries related to e-commerce (case studies)
- Supply chains, packaging and labelling as part of e-commerce in international markets (determining the right sales channel)
- Your marketing mix
Workshop 3: A deep dive into the right Ecommerce platforms for your business
Be better informed about the myriad of Ecommerce platforms out there and the benefits and pitfalls of each option. In this session, you will learn about setting up an e-commerce platform that is most suited for your business at the current stage of your e-commerce journey. We will also touch upon:
- Getting started: which platform should you go with?
- Product placement
- Inventory management
- Marketing and promotion
Workshop 4: Leveraging global online marketplaces for new market launches
Using the US market as an example, learn from Australian businesses that have successfully launched overseas by tapping into an online marketplace like Amazon and have reduced their time and cost to market entry. In this workshop, you will learn:
- The opportunity on Amazon
- How Australian businesses have succeeded in selling on Amazon – a case study
- Getting started and selling on a global online marketplace – walkthrough on setup
- Your Ecommerce marketing and promotion strategy
- Social media influencers in-market
- Brand ambassadors
- Engaging in-market consultants
- Aftercare and scaling customer support.
We will also gather all your questions during the workshop and address them as part of an actionable launch plan for your business in Workshop 5.
Workshop 5: Putting it all together for your business
This workshop will involve mapping out an actionable plan for your business. Your local TIQ representative will provide expert advisory on the various grants that are available from TIQ to support your Ecommerce growth plans.
The workshop will cover:
- Analysis of your business Ecommerce capability
- Discussion on what steps you need to take to be ready for your desired market/markets
- Developing your plan for Ecommerce in their business and determining the right sales channel
- TIQ programs that enable you to get the best outcome for your business
- Townhall – addressing all questions collated from previous workshops
At Export Accelerator, we do not see gaps in your online business as challenges, but opportunities. We help you accomplish your goals with the right strategies.